Sunday used to be the day of rest and reflection; it is now a day for Revenge! ‘Revenge’ is heading over to Sunday nights at 9pm taking the slot previously reserved for ABC mega hit show, ‘Desperate Housewives’. Things will remain pretty much the same as far as other ABC shows go, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ is staying where it is filling up the 9pm slot on Thursdays, followed by new hit show ‘Scandal’ staying in the 10-11pm time frame. Wednesday nights will start the same program, ‘Modern Family’ starting at 8pm followed by new show ‘The Neighbors’ and Connie Britton’s country musical ‘Nashville’. ‘The Neighbors’ and ‘Nashville’ are among 10 new series ABC will be launching in the 2012-2013 season. Upcoming Reba McEntire comedy ‘Malibu Country’ brings the former “Reba” star back to Fridays on ABC followed by Tim Allen’s show ‘Last Man Standing’. ABC is the third network to pull the curtain back and reveal their 2012-2013 schedules of changes and new shows. Here is a list of the new shows you can look forward to this season on ABC:
- ‘666 Park Avenue’ (Sunday @10pm): Based on a book series by Gabriella Pierce, at ‘666 Park Avenue’ anything you desire can be yours. An idealistic young couple from the Midwest is offered the opportunity to manage a historic building called “The Drake”. Soon after accepting they fall victim to supernatural forces and unexplained happenings that imprison and endanger the lives of the residents inside the building. This new ABC series is sexy, seductive and inviting and tells the story of how “The Drake” keeps a dark hold over all of its residents, tempting them through their ambitions and desires.
- ‘Last Resort’ (Thursdays @8pm): This takes you down under, deep down about 500 feet beneath the ocean’s surface, where the U.S. ballistic missile submarine Colorado receive their orders. When the Captain of the Sub refuses commands to fire nuclear weapons at Pakistan, they are relieved of their duties by the White House but also become rogue enemies of their own country. With nowhere left to go, the commander takes his sub along with the crew on the run, bringing the men and women of Colorado to an exotic island. Romances and Drama ensue as they struggle to clear their names and find a way back home.
- ‘Nashville’ (Wednesday @10pm): Rayna James is a country legend who’s had a career any singer would be envious about. Although her popularity has started to fade. While fans still line up to get her autograph, she’s not packing the arenas like she used to. The label she works for thinks she needs to regain her popularity and put her on a cross-country tour, opening for up-and-comer Juliette Barnes. She must now try and regain her popularity while sharing the spotlight with a young and sexy country music star.
- ‘The Neighbors’ (Wednesday @9:30pm): How well do you know your neighbors? Meet the Weavers; they recently bought a home in Hidden Hills, trying to start a new life for themselves. Once they move in, it is apparent from day one that the residents of Hidden Hills are a little different; for starters their new neighbors all have pro-athletes names like Reggie Jackson, Jackie Joyner, Dick Butkis and Larry Bird. The Weavers soon learn that the entire community is compromised of aliens from Zabvron, where the men bear children and everyone cries green goo from their ears. Turns out the Zabvronians have been stationed on Earth for the past 10 years, disguised as humans, awaiting instructions from home. The Weavers are the first humans they have gotten to know and as it turns out the family relate very well to each other. These two worlds will collide with hilarious consequences as everyone discovers that they can totally relate and learn a lot from each other.
- ‘The Family Tools’ (Tuesday @8:30pm): Everyone knows that mixing family and business is never a smart idea. When the main character Jack’s father has a heart attack, he is forced to take over the keys to his beloved handyman business. Jack is eager to take on this task and make his father proud. Unfortunately his past career track record has not been that stellar and everyone seems to be waiting for him to fail. However with the support of his Aunt Terry and his oddball yet endearing cousin Mason, Jack discover that he may have just found his true calling.
- ‘How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your life’ (Tuesday @8:30pm): Polly is a single mom who just lost her job. She is forced, due to the state of the economy, to move back in with her parents. The problem, like with most parent/children relationships, they see life through different lenses. Follow her on her journey as she tries to get a life, starting with a social one.
- ‘Malibu Country’ (Friday @8:30pm): When Reba discovers that her husband has a cheatin’ heart, her world is turned on its side. She instantly regrets putting her life on hold to support him and raise a family. As soon as the line is signed on her divorce papers she packs up her mom and two kids and heads for California. Once she makes it to California she tries to regain her life, and launch her music career.
- ‘Mistresses’ (Premiering midseason): Take a look into the lives of four sexy and sassy women each on their own path to self-discovery. You have Savi a successful career woman working toward the next phase in her life—professional and personal. There’s her younger sister Josselyn who couldn’t be more different, living the single life or serial dating and constant partying. Their best friend, April, a recent widow and a mother of two who is focusing on rebuilding her life after tragedy and learning to move forward. Finally you will be introduced to Karen, a successful therapist with her own practice, reconnects with the girls after her involvement in a complicated relationship with a patient goes far too deep.
- ‘Red Widow’ (Premiering midseason): Marta Walraven knows the life of organized crime very well, her father and her bodyguard are both gangsters. When her husband is brutally murdered her first instinct is to protect her three young children from that life, until she realizes her duty to take on the FBI and her husband’s gangster business partners and discover the truth about his death. As she digs into this dark underworld, she’ll test her own strength, relying on her resourcefulness, determination and family ties like never before.
- ‘Zero Hour’ (Premiering midseason): For Modern Skeptic Hank Galliston his motto is “logic is the compass.” Having spent his career as publisher of a paranormal enthusiast magazine, he follows clues, debunks myths, and solves conspiracies. When his wife is abducted from her antique clock shop, he gets pulled into one of the most compelling mysteries in human history, stretching around the world and back centuries. He finds clues in his wife’s clock and uses them as a treasure map, and what he finds out could be cataclysmic. It is up to him to find his wife, but to make sure these clues do not fall into the wrong hands.
These are the new series you can look forward to in the ABC 2012-2013 season lineup. To learn more about satellite TV providers in your area visit us at DISH Systems or call (866)989-3474. Will you watch any of these new series?