Posted on May 5, 2011
Get out your fancy hats from last weekend's Royal Wedding viewing parties out and prepare yourself to tune in on NBC for Saturday's Kentucky Derby 137, live in crisp HD on DISH Network. Full coverage of this year's "most refined party in sports" live from Churchill Downs begin at 4:00pm ET. If you would like to get started on imbibing your mint juleps prior to the gates opening, turn the channel to Versus for five hours of pre-derby programming directly from Churchill Downs at 11:00am. Below, you'll find a list of the Brisnet Top 10 Kentucky Derby Contenders so you can make your predictions on our blog before Saturday's race. 1. Dialed In - favored to win Saturday's big race and recently won the Florida Derby in April. 2. Uncle Mo - is coming back from a GI infection and has only experienced one loss in his racing career thus far. 3. Archarcharch - won the Arkansas Derby and drew barrier one to start off the race in a tough spot.
4. Toby's Corner - scratched on Tuesday after injuring his left hind leg.
5. Mucho Macho Man - placed third in the Louisiana Derby.
6. Soldat - was in front-running position throughout the Fountain of Youth race and is said to be a solid contender.
7. Nehro - is being called the "procrastinator's pick" seeing as he placed second in the last two of his races.
8. Midnight Interlude - won the Santa Anita Derby this year.
9. Master of Hounds - is the only international horse in this year's race having been trained in Ireland.
10. Animal Kingdom - is the winner of the Spiral race and has been doing well in morning practices.
Although the Kentucky Derby isn't just about the horses either, it's truly a timeless tradition that is celebrated with food, drink, parties, celebrities and music, Derby 137's entertainment comes as no exception with American Idol alum Jordin Sparks performing the National Anthem on Saturday. Both Versus and NBC are part of DISH Network programming packages, to learn more about DISH Network deals and programming specials, visit authorized retailer DISH Systems online or call 866-989-3474. Will you be throwing a Kentucky Derby party on Saturday? Which horse do you predict will win this weekend?