TV viewers can’t deny one of television’s greatest sources of guilty pleasure entertainment: the Game Show Network, also endearingly known as GSN. DISH Network will be the first DISH satellite TV service to add GSN to its HD channel lineup, unlike the network’s partial shareholder (60% ownership) and one of the leading satellite TV providers, DirecTV, who has yet to offer GSN in high-definition for its subscribers. DISH Network subscribers can now access GSN in HD as part of America’s Top 200 programming package or higher. GSN was originally launched for high-definition viewing in September 2010 and DISH Network remains the first and only satellite TV provider so far to offer Game Show Network programming in HD for viewers.
In case you’ve missed out on GSN’s new show premieres lately, here is a look at what you can expect to see on the network in HD:
- ‘Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza’airs weeknights at 8pm and 11pm featuring some of the country’s greatest improvisational comedians including Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, Jonathan Magnum and Heather Anne Campbell among others.
- ‘Love Triangle’airs weeknights at 7pm and is hosted by Wendy Williams who has real-life guests on the show who are caught in a love triangle between two possible partners. From a lie-detector test to a side-by-side partner comparison, Wendy Williams helps advise the person caught in the middle on who he/she decided to be with in the end.
- ‘High Stakes Poker’airs Saturdays at 10pm where some of today’s best poker players come together in poker matches with their own money at stake. Former World Series of Poker player, Norm Macdonald hosts that weekly poker event.
- ‘Baggage’ airs weeknights at 7:30pm and is hosted by Jerry Springer. This game show takes a twist on dating as contestants spill their baggage and dating history on national television, leaving the dater to decide which of the three people to pick.
- ‘The Newlywed Game’ airs weeknights at 6:30pm and is hosted by ‘The View’ co-host, Sherri Shepherd. Based on the original ‘Newlywed Game’ series, this modern day version asks contestants some thought provoking questions to help the newly married couple get to know each other even better.
Below, you’ll find two clips from current programming on GSN, the first one is of ‘Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza’ and the following one is of ‘The View’ co-host Sherri Shepherd’s modern version of ‘The Newlywed Game.’ To upgrade to DISH Network America’s Top 200 programming package today, which now includes GSN in HD, visit authorized DISH Network retailer, DISH Systems online or call 866-989-3474.