- How do you watch TV today? How has the technology of television changed from when you or your parents watched TV programs five, ten years ago?
- Where do you see TV technology going in the next 10 years?
- Do you think broadcast news on TV is dead because of the internet? Why or why not?
- What are your thoughts on the quality of TV programming today? How has it changed, if at all, since you've been watching?
- Oprah recently launched the "OWN" network with original programming designed to entertain, inform, and inspire. If you were the executive of a TV network, what kind of programming would you create? Submit your essays by May 1st, 2011. The recipient of the scholarship will be chosen and notified by June 1st. Applicants must be a graduating senior in high school or non-graduating college student to enter.
Posted on February 15, 2011
Do you know a high school senior or college student who is interested in TV and technology? Can't get him or her away from the TV long enough to finish homework? This might be just the opportunity for the scholar in your life, since DISH Systems is offering a $1000 scholarship to a student who completes the best essay on anyone of the topics mentioned below. We will proudly be awarding a $1000 Scholarship to one qualifying graduating senior high school student or non-graduating college student with the most well-written essay (500 word minimum) as judged by our staff. Essay Scholarship Topics: