- Guest Stars revealed: The voices of talented actors and celebrities will be coming to Springfield in the next year. Some of them will be Kiefer Sutherland, Neil Gaimen, Gordon Ramsay, Joan Rivers, and Michael Cera who will voice a love interest of Lisa’s.
- Simpson’s will be traveling: This season the Simpsons will achieve the landmark of having visited all seven continents.
- There is no Futurama crossover in the works: There isn’t a crossover they are working on just yet, but this season will feature an episode by Futurama writer Stewart Burns. Fans will get to see aged Simpsons characters celebrating Christmas 30 years in the future, revealed show runner Al Jean. The episode is set to air in December.
- Widescreen and HD programming has changed things for the writers: No more squiggles on signs and books. “It actually created a little more work for us. Now you can read everything,” explained co-executive producer Rob Lazebnik. “So we’re always going off and writing signs and writing book pages and writing journal pages.” Added Jean, “We spend a lot of our days writing books no one will read.”
- All the Creators and Producers also have their favorite Simpsons merchandise: Jean’s favorite is his Simpsons pinball machine, which Groening and Sam Simon gave to him and each of the other writers after the show’s first season. Groening prefers his Simpsons Russian nesting dolls.
Posted on October 25, 2011
Everyone seems to be getting in the Halloween spirit. Even the residents of Springfield are taking part. In the upcoming ‘Treehouse of Horror XXII’ episode, the creators pay homage to hit TV show ‘Dexter’. Ned Flanders will take on the role of “Dexter Morgan” who believes that God is instructing him to murder various residents of Springfield. . Since the Simpsons has been saved and will return for yet another season, the creators decided to go all out for this Halloween Special. ‘Treehouse of Horror’ episode is set to air on October 30th. This episode first premiered at the Comic Con in San Diego, at the beginning of this year. Here are some highlights of the Simpsons’ panel: