On January 17, 2013 new DISH Network customers will be able to enjoy Sling functionality with the Hopper to allow on-the-go connectively to your home Dish progra and DVR shows through your phone or tablet. And with built-in Wi-Fi you can connect easily to your wireless Broadband Internet network without any extra accessories! Now you can take your home programming and DVR shows with you when you’re are out and about during the day.
The Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR already offers you up to 2,000 hours of recording capability. The PrimeTime Anytime functionality records most of the primetime programming on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC with just one click then allows you the option to skip over commercials with AutoHop.
But now, with built-in Sling technology and Wi-Fi available on Hopper with Sling, you can enjoy such new features as Hopper Transfers and DISH Explorer. Check out these cool new features.
Only available with Hopper with Sling and the iPad®.
Hopper Transfers allow you to transfer your DVR recordings*** to your iPad and watch them from anywhere. No Broadband Internet connection is required to watch this content on your mobile device.
• Hopper Transfers technology is currently only available for iPad.
DISH Explorer offers new content and interactive features for your Hopper or Hopper with Sling. See below for some examples of what this new functionality provides.
• Access the EPG, “What’s Hot”, Rotten Tomatoes or Thuuz ratings on Hopper through your iPad.
• Access additional information about the program that you’re watching (and comment on the program) by accessing the live Twitter® feed for the program (see screen shot on the right). Or sign into your own Facebook® or Twitter accounts to join the conversation.
• Use your iPad as a remote control for your Hopper.
• DISH Explorer technology is currently only available for the iPad.
*Must be enabled by the customer.
**Requires Broadband Internet connection to Hopper.
***Select DVR recordings cannot be transferred.