Now that summer is slowly coming to a close, we can start looking forward to the Emmys! Among the Nods and Snubs there are a lot of great Actresses and Actors that got nominated. Here’s a list of nominees for Best Actress and Actor in a Drama.
- Kathy Bates, ‘Harry’s Law’: Seven Time Primetime Emmy Award nominee Kathy Bates played recurring role “Bettina” in ‘Six Feet Under’. Bates currently stars as “Jo Bennett” on NBC’s ‘The Office’.
- Connie Britton, ‘Friday Night Lights’: This is her second consecutive year being nominated in this category. She played “Tami Taylor” one the acclaimed DirecTV Drama, but she is also known for her roles in ‘24’, ‘The West Wing’, and ‘Spin City’. This was also the last season for the football drama.
- Mireille Enos, ‘The Killing’: She has played a variety of roles, including her role of “Jodeen Marquart” on HBO’s ‘Big Love’ and “Sarah Linden” on the AMC series the Killing.
- Mariska Hargitay, ‘Law &Order: SVU’: She stars as the accomplished, street-smart, emotionally driven “Det. Olivia Benson” on the long running series ‘Law & Order: SVU’. She has received seven consecutive Emmy nominations for this role; she won the Primetime Emmy Award for lead actress in a drama in 2006.
- Juliana Margulies, ‘The Good Wife’: This is also the second consecutive year being nominated in this category for ‘The Good Wife.’
- Elisabeth Moss, ‘Mad Men’: Here best know performance was “Zoey Bartlet,” the president’s daughter, on ‘The West Wing’. She now plays “Peggy Olsen” in the AMC hit ‘Mad Men’.
- Steve Buscemi, ‘Boardwalk Empire’: He is an actor, writer, and director who starred in many popular films such as ‘Fargo’, ‘Reservoir Dogs’, ‘The Big Lebowski’ and many more. This year he is being nominated for his stand out role in HBOs ‘Boardwalk Empire’.
- Michael C. Hall, ‘Dexter’: Many of you may know him for his role as “David Fisher” in ‘Six Feet Under’. But his standout role for which he is nominated is his portrayal as an unconventional serial killer in ‘Dexter’.
- Kyle Chandler, ‘Friday Night Lights’: He plays coach “Eric Taylor” in the critically acclaimed series ‘Friday Night Lights.’ Most recently he starred in Sci-Fi movie ‘Super 8’.
- John Hamm, ‘Mad Men’: Jon Hamm plays high-powered, womanizing, ad exec “Don Draper” in the role he is nominated for on AMCs ‘Mad Men’.
- Hugh Laurie, ‘House’: He is a Five-time Primetime Emmy award nominee. He is currently nominated for his role as “Dr. Gregory House” in ‘House M.D.’
- Timothy Olyphant, ‘Justified’: He is nominated for his current role in ‘Justified’. However you might also remember him from televisions roles as “Seth Bullock” on ‘Deadwood’ and “Wes Krulik” on ‘Damages’.
These are just the nominees for Best Lead Actress/Actors in a Drama. Tune in to see who takes home the trophy. To make sure you receive the Emmys in your programming lineup visit us at Dish Systems or call (866)989-3474. Who do you think will win this year?